Check removes the complexities of building payroll products by providing you with an intuitive and straightforward API platform. We handle the intricacies of taxes, money movement, and the production and filing of tax forms so that you can focus on building the best product for your customers. If you're just getting started, take a look at our Quickstart guide. If you're looking for full documentation, browse our API Reference.
Request an API key, and we will provide a sandbox API key for use during development. You can expect to receive your key within 12-24 hours after submitting the form. Once you're ready to launch and we have manually verified your integration, we’ll provide a production API key.
- Quickstart Guide: A step-by-step guide to getting started with the Check API. This guide will run you through our Postman collection that demonstrates how to create companies, workplaces, employees, and payrolls — the actions required to get employees paid reliably and on time.
- Working with Payroll: Learn about the process required to successfully run payroll on Check. This guide walks you through payroll status, pay schedules, payroll cycles, payroll reporting, and generating a paystub.
- Introducing Check Onboard: Learn about Check’s automated onboarding experience and the steps for setting it up. With Onboard, you can leverage a quick-to-implement clickthrough experience for employers and employees to link bank accounts, authorize the transfer of funds, and set up the collection of taxes.
- Using Check’s Webhooks: A guide on setting up webhooks and receiving notifications for event changes in all of Check’s critical resources.
- Payroll Object: This documentation guides you through the steps required to create, preview, approve, and delete a payroll object. You will also get more information about payroll sub-objects like earnings and reimbursements and learn more about the lifecycle of payroll.
- Contractors and Contractor Payments: Deep dive into the steps for creating, updating, and listing contractors and their payment information and methods.
- Benefits Object: Use the benefits object to capture benefit types, start and end dates, and employee and company contributions. Our documentation also describes how to create, list, update, and delete benefits.
- Webhooks Configuration: Learn how to configure a webhook and set up the URL to which Check will send webhooks events.
- Tax Documents: Learn how to use the document object to generate the correct documents for employers and employees. These documents include company tax documents, company authorization documents, employee tax documents, and contractor tax documents.
- Bank Account Configuration: Learn about Check’s bank account validation process. This includes documentation on creating, updating, listing, and deleting a bank account.
Ready to Get Started?
Request your API key to begin exploring Check’s API first-hand. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or schedule a discovery session to see a live demo and learn more about working with Check.
Updated about 2 months ago
Ready to dive in? Check out our Quickstart guide: